Sometimes there isn't a right time. Sometimes there's no right place to start. I've thought about starting to write again so so many times, in the midst of the chaos (or the beauty) or in a quiet moment of peace (or exhaustion). There's nothing extraordinary about today. Here I am, surrounded by journals and projects and children, the vivid colours and astonishing disorder that is my home, and I'm sitting down to say something.
Not a big, articulate, important something. Just a hello. Perhaps only to myself.
Maybe I'm honestly evading starting to pick up toys and clutter and papers to make space for hosting Doctor Who Club tomorrow. Maybe I'm connecting this ordinary moment to so many other ordinary moments occuring right now, and that common familiar sensation of the present and its very mundane precious existence.
Here I am.



So nice to read your words again! I used to love reading your old blog, as I have three lovely girls myself, and share some of the same joys and personal triumphs....The mundane is life, I think :-) The best bits, at least, are often there.
ReplyDeleteWishing you and your family the best!
Ah so lovely to read your voice again! :)
ReplyDeleteSo great to see you blogging again, friend xxx
ReplyDelete