Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Yarn Along - Sockhead(s)



Knitting: I finished my Sockhead, and had just enough left of the rainbow tie dye blank to attempt a tiny one for my smallest bean. I don't know if it will be slouchy, but it will just fit her. That's yarn economy for ya.

Reading: Weeell I'm still bitting and bobbing really, but I did read a couple of good entertaining Agatha Christie-esque Sherlock fanfics today. Neither of which I'm going to link to, on the grounds that they're incomplete (rather than, say, for example, that you might all look at me differently if I admit to shipping Mystrade). If you have no idea what that means, I would caution you against feeling the need to find out. Though of course, if you have a teen or tween in the house you probably already speak fandom to some extent or another. I could pretend that it's Jenna's fault, but she sadly got most of her embarrassing internet speak from me.

Just, okay, go back to looking at the pretty knitting now, thankyouplease?

5 comments:

  1. I speak fandom too ;)
    Mostly thanks to my friend who ships Frostiron. :) I'm learning anyway. Love the hat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likeahurricane writes the *best* Frostiron. By which I mean the most consistently nerdy. I have a proper crush on their writing. *happy sighs* I was just complaining to another friend yesterday that I'm not actually attached to any ship, I just require them to be well written! :)

      Delete
    2. The complaint was a general linking of certain ships with really terrible writing. (Not just "not my preference" or "heavy on tropes I don't like" but "barely coherent". Fandom life grammar nerd whining on my part, basically.)

      Delete
    3. The complaint was a general linking of certain ships with really terrible writing. (Not just "not my preference" or "heavy on tropes I don't like" but "barely coherent". Fandom life grammar nerd whining on my part, basically.)

      Delete
    4. Likeahurricane writes the *best* Frostiron. By which I mean the most consistently nerdy. I have a proper crush on their writing. *happy sighs* I was just complaining to another friend yesterday that I'm not actually attached to any ship, I just require them to be well written! :)

      Delete