Wednesday, 21 December 2016
Wordless, again
It's done. I can't pretty it up yet or wrap the right words around the raw spiky places. As emergency surgery goes it was easy and she's fine now the half-teeth are gone. As fine as a stubborn and extremely miffed five year old can be when she lacks the vocabulary to express discomfort and just howls and howls for hours at a time.
I've been so anxious about this I haven't even written about her birthday, or Christmas knitting, or crafts, or the learning they are all engaged in. I feel really stuck. At least now it's more literally physically stuck what with trying to make her immediate world feel a little less horrible - rather than the emotional stuck of not-really-coping-with-anything and awaiting boiler repairs and surgery and landlord's inspection and more appointments at the same time as getting last orders out and saying goodbye to my mum as she flies out to Estonia to meet my new nephew...
Oh look, a few dozen words. Quick, shut them down before they overflow everywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just found you!!! I was reminiscing about your old blog and then found the link on your last post, totally happy!!
ReplyDeleteIn my enthusiasm I missed reading the post, I am so sorry about Talia :-( I am not on FB much so would have missed this, sending you a big hug and hoping that in the intervening days that things have improved xxx
ReplyDeleteThis sounds so hard. I hope your little one is better, and that life has gotten easier since this was posted. You are such an inspiring mom, you do so much to make your children's lives special and full of love. ~Gillian
ReplyDelete