Sunday, 14 August 2016

Week (ish) in pictures, dirty feet and wild places








1: Roo, living room chaos, dirty feet
2: Silk den
3: Dragon Tree
4: Socks!
5: Torin and Jenna
6: Littles at the nature pond again
7: Attenborough walking with Ash (and babysitting the borrowed toddler)

I can almost predict which week each month I won't manage to write anything. The anxiety is so up and down the past few months, I think the return of broodiness has sent my hormones haywire. Or maybe the other way around. Too much information, always, eh? Weeks with a lot of time spent with other people are much easier, but actually reaching out for that connection when I'm so darn tired is hard.

Words come in fragments.

Talia cut her hair this week. She walked in saying, in the tiniest voice, "I didn't cut my hair..." I laughed. So so much. It had been a hard work sort of a day and I realised how unimportant the things I was stressing over were. Hair grows back. Time solves a lot of the little things.

This wasn't meant to be a long post but my intentions got away from me and here I am wondering whether to write about the stress of running out of money and washing detergent at the same time when Jenna seems to be getting hives from cheap soap. Or whether to witter about having got my hands on a copy of Fool's Quest and how satisfyingly perfect it is (usually I don't enjoy the middle book of a trilogy so much).

I have a horsefly bite on my shoulder from our walk yesterday. The cat is currently asleep on top of the Bueno bar Martin bought for me and I don't want to disturb her or allow the bar to melt. And so many other ordinary trivial tiny things that feel like they deserve cataloguing.

What even is this post becoming? I'd better go before it gets more bizarre!

No comments:

Post a Comment