I think I'm on a knitting roll.
Baby socks for my nephew next, I think. Then perhaps the Barley hat from Knitting from the North in really tasteless clashing jewel colours.
Not that I'm avoiding Jenna's Hogwarts shawl at all...
Meanwhile, I've not been reading all that much. I finished the Storm Siren series and *whispers* found them really predictable. I've re-read Earthsea alongside them though which is probably horribly unfair and would tarnish a lot of writing by comparison.
I also picked up The Darkest Part of the Forest, remembering quite enjoying the dark fae stories as a teen. If you like a slightly more dangerous breed of fairy, these are good solid diverting fiction with a good take on the alternative fairytale. I enjoyed this not-Snow-White almost as much as I liked Ash by Malinda Lowe.
In the same dark-fairytale vein, this just arrived. Always one of my favourite short stories by Neil Gaiman, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this new format has changed it if at all.








I've just ordered the book 'Ash', I'm excited for it's arrival. Oh and just to say how I love coming here to 'visit' you my dear friend, you are always inspiring, honest, and just the most amazing mama to your beautiful girls. Sue x
ReplyDeleteOoh, I'm sure you won't be disappointed, it's wonderfully witchy and atmospheric. My favourite ever Cinderella!
Delete(And thank you. Some days I feel like I'm scraping almost-adequate, but my kids are lovely. I was stopped today by someone who wanted to tell me she'd heard them talking to each other and how smart and articulate they are. <3 )